American All Care Services (AACS) is a premier home care company that has been in business for over 20 years. Our mission is to provide the highest quality care and superior customer service.
We are seeking to fill our CHHA positions in San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, San Gabriel Valley, South Bay, Long Beach, Whittier areas.
The home health aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient’s personal needs and to promote comfort. The home health aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The home health aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient’s care..
Role and Responsibilities:
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient’s assignment and attending to his/her requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, report to the Case Manager immediately.
- Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
- Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
- Providing proper care and observation of patient’s skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
- Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the Case Manager. Also aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues.
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise as instructed
- Current, unrestricted certificate as a Home Health Aide or Nursing Assistant in the State of California.
- At least one year of nursing experience. Community health/hospice, medical/surgical and homecare experience is preferred.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Full time, Part time and Per-Diem position available.
- Competitive pay range.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Weekly Orientations to get you out to work quicker.
- Direct Deposit available
- Mileage Reimbursement